Dr. Salzberg is the Founder and Principal of Salt Hill Statistical Consulting. He has also held positions at Analysis & Inference (CEO), KPMG Economic Consulting Services, and Morgan Stanley. Dr. Salzberg’s focus is statistical analysis, sampling, estimation, and modeling, especially using large or complex datasets. Many of Dr. Salzberg’s consulting projects and research papers have related to the detection and measurement of bias.
Dr. Salzberg earned his Ph.D. in statistics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he also received an M.A. in statistics and a B.S. in economics. He maintains a blog discussing probability in everyday life called “What Are the Chances?“
- Salt Hill Statistical Consulting, Founder and Principal, 2000-present
Founder and Principal of a statistical consulting company (formerly Quantitative Analysis). The firm is skilled at presenting complex ideas to non-experts. Capabilities include the development and implementation of statistical techniques as well as critical review and audit of existing statistical estimates, samples, and models. The company’s clients are law firms, government, and private corporations and have included: United States Department of Labor; Pfizer; Barnes & Thornburg; Honeywell; K&L Gates; City of New York.
- Summit Consulting, Teaming Partner, 2009-present
Consult on multiple engagements with an economic consulting firm on large-scale government projects. Served as a Director at the firm in 2014.
- Analysis & Inference, Inc., CEO, 1991-1995 and 2008-2013
Led a statistical consulting company that provides consulting services to corporations, law firms, and government.
- Morgan Stanley, Associate, 1988-1990, 1995-1996
Performed statistical modeling and software design.
- Ph.D., Statistics
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- M.A., Statistics
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1992
- (concentration in Economics and Finance), cum laude
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1988
- Languages: English (native), Hebrew (conversational).
- Member, Park Slope Food Coop.
- Member, 39 Plaza Housing Corp (residential coop). Board member, 2012-2015.
- Enjoy ultimate Frisbee, basketball, biking, hiking, running, tennis, chess, and bridge.